This easy BLT pizza recipe will have you saying so long to take out!
I announced to my family that I was NOT going to cook on vacation. By definition, vacation means to take a break. If cooking and cleaning are my job, I should NOT be doing them on vacation right? Right. No cooking, zilch, zip, nada.
Yes, I poured milk for cereal and made sandwiches, but not once did I turn on the stove or the oven. No mixing, no stirring, no serving. It was bliss. We dined out each night. I was waited on and served and did not have to scour or scrub one single dish. I was living the dream; I was having myself a real vacation.
The problem with this routine was that by day four I was completely tired of restaurant food. I was craving pasta dishes, sauces and meals prepared with my own two hands! The thing is, I really like my cooking! I stuck with my guns however, I continued with my no-cook policy. I was going to relax and enjoy this time off even if it killed me!
Ultimately it wasn’t the craving for homemade food that did me in. It was the guilt. It was the massive amount of guilt I was carrying around because of all the money we were spending on restaurant food! It was a small fortune. One that would have been avoided if I had just sucked it up and cooked all week!
To compensate July has been declared a no take out month. No gourmet burgers, no richly sauced pasta, no street food and no upscale pizza, just lots and lots of dishes. That’s ok. I’ll take one for the team. Especially since I have this easy BLT pizza recipe in my arsenal! Whoa boy this is some good pizza! It’s better than any take out our family has tasted. It does take a bit of extra time to roast the tomatoes, but I saved time with the store-bought crust! It’s really a simple recipe that is worth every step!
July has become priceless; it’s become BLT pizza month!
B to the L to the T
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Don’t forget you can save each of these recipes to your personal recipe box , create your own meal plan, or add ingredients for each recipe to your shopping list! Just use the “Save Recipe” on all my recipes!
Easy BLT Pizza Recipe
- 1 lb ripe, Roma tomatoes seeded and cut into 1/4 in. thick slices
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 center cut bacon slices cooked and chopped
- 10 oz fresh pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of an oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Arrange tomato slices on a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Place baking sheet on baking stone. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Tomatoes should no longer look wet. Remove tomatoes but keep the pizza stone warming in the oven.
- Increase the oven temperature to 500.
- Combine the mayo, oil and garlic.
- Using well floured hands, pat dough into a ten inch circle. Place dough on a baking sheet that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Pierce dough with a fork. Carefully transfer the dough onto the hot pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove pizza stone from the oven. Brush mayo mixture over crust leaving a 1 inch border. Top with tomatoes, bacon and cheese. Spray edge with cooking spray and return pizza to oven for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with arugula before serving.
This recipe has been adapted from the July issue of Cooking Light Magazine
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!