This cheesy baked pasta has lots of tangy buttermilk, chicken, bacon and a perfectly crunchy topping!
As I was prepping this pasta dish the other day, my daughter asked for a picture of me to bring in to school for a Mother’s Day project. I searched high a low for a decent picture of myself. Sadly, there weren’t many to choose from. I realized as I flipped through album after album that I am hardly in any family pictures! Sure there’s a few with me and the kids where their smiles look much like the Joker in the first Batman Movie…forced. Meanwhile, there are about 947,362 pictures of my husband and my kids! If you were to scroll through our photographic timeline as a family, you would assume my husband raised our kids alone.
While having my mug photographed is not necessarily my favorite thing, I would like to have actual documentation that I existed and that I had fun with my family. Is that too much to ask? I’d like to think that in the distant future, my kids would like to look back and see pictures of me, the woman who gave birth to them.
I suppose this is exactly why the camera flips on my phone. Time to take some selfies! The only flaw in taking an onslought of selfies is I’ll be stuck in a time warp. I will be 41 forever. Ah, no matter. Being 41 forever is better than being non-existent! Of course if I were non-existent, I couldn’t have created this insane mac and cheese now could I? Oh man this mac and cheese takes pasta to a whole new level! It has a lot of buttermilk ranch flavor with chunks of chicken and crispy bacon. BUT that’s not all, oh no. Instead of your typical breadcrumbs, I topped this mac and cheese with Kettle Chips!
I’ll try not to take too many selfies of me devouring this creamy, tangy buttermilk pasta! I don’t want anyone remembering me with cheese hanging off my chin!
JUST SAY CHEESE
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Buttermilk Ranch Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb spiral pasta
- 2 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Ranch seasoning
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1 cup Kettle chips, crushed
- Prepare Pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Carefully add buttermilk and milk, whisk constantly. Stir in Ranch seasoning. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in cheeses and stir until smooth. Combine pasta and cheese sauce, stirring until pasta is completely coated. Pour pasta into a 9 x 13 buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle bacon and Kettle chips over pasta.
- Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 4407kcal Calories from fat 1832|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 204g||314%|
|Saturated Fat 108g||540%|
|Dietary Fiber 16g||64%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|