Need something sinful and decadent?
You need these bars! Choc full of chocolate chips, gooey caramel, peanut butter
and chopped Reese’s Cups!
My husband and I have very defined roles, much like many married couples. He works outside the home and provides for his family, he takes care of all landscaping duties. He is the painter, the fix it man, the chief financial planner, the sports “trainer”, and the taste tester. I am everything else. We are two pieces that make up the perfect whole. Each piece is dependent upon the other. With a few exceptions, these roles were not planned out or discussed, they just sort of emerged. Neither my husband nor myself ever imagined how these roles would evolve over time. Especially my role as baker and his role as taste tester!
I Am Baker thought of this fun idea, where we feature our significant other as a way to show our appreciation. Each of us have 5 questions for our loved ones to answer the best they can. Without further ado, my five questions:
1. What is your favorite blog?
Mr. Lulu: Lemonsforlulu.com. It’s the only blog I read. But if I did read others, I’m sure that would still be my favorite.
2. What is your favorite blog prop?
Mr. Lulu: Painted background boards.
3. What is the weirdest thing you’ve seen your spouse do for a blog post?
Mr. Lulu: Stand on chairs to take pictures.
4. If you could have your own blog, what would you call it?
Mr. Lulu: I couldn’t tell you, I just know it would have to do with golf.
5. What do you do for a living and what are your hobbies?
Mr. Lulu: I am in sales. My hobbies are golf, basketball, exercising, and playing with the kids.
We all know the phrase “behind every great man there is a great woman”? Well I believe behind every baker, there is a great taste tester! And boy is my husband a fabulous tester! He’s honest and discerning, yet delicate and appreciative. He’s a good egg. Because I love him, I made him the richest, peanut butter bars ever. His taste buds were working overtime on these babies! These bars have a gooey layer of caramel in the center that spills out with each bite. Chocolate chips and mini Reese’s peanut butter cups make these peanut butter bars decadent and delicious! If you’ve never had peanut butter and caramel together, time to change your ways. They are a splendid pair! Much like Mr. Lulu and myself!
Thank you Mr. Lulu. I wouldn’t be here, doing what I love if it weren’t for your unwavering support. Thank you for tasting a countless number of recipes without ever insulting them or spitting them out (even when they deserved it). Thank you for all the time you spent proofreading and for all your advice. This food blogger couldn’t ask for a better man, friend or husband!
PASS THE PEANUT BUTTER
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 12oz package mini Reese cups unwrapped and chopped
- 11 oz or about 30 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixer, combine brown sugar and melted butter beating until creamy. Add vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in peanut butter until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Carefully add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Spread half of the dough onto the prepared pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt caramels and heavy cream at 45-second intervals until completely melted. Stir until smooth. Pour caramel onto bottom layer of bars. Top with chopped Reese cups. Drop remaining dough onto peanut butter cups, gently spreading with your fingers.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!
I’ll be sharing this recipe with these sites as well as to: I’ll be sharing this recipe with these sites as well as to:
2,4,6,8, WHO DO WE APPRECIATE?
Lauren from Keep It Sweet Desserts made M&M Kit Kat Cake
My husband did not want me to put his face on the internet. But he didn’t say anything about his feet!