This Alice Springs chicken recipe is a one-pot meal memorable meal that will thrill the entire family!
What is Alice Springs Chicken?
Alice Springs Chicken is one of the better-known dishes from Outback Steakhouse. I suppose it has something to do with the Australian town of Alice Springs, but I do not know much about the origin. What I DO know is that it is chicken smothered in mushrooms, bacon, cheese, and a silky smooth honey mustard sauce. I also know that it is DELICIOUS!
I took that scrumptious chicken and turned it into an entire meal. What is even better is it is a one-pot meal making life simpler for everyone!
WHERE IS THE ONE POT ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN RECIPE?
If you’d rather skip cooking tips, suggestions, handy substitutions, related recipe ideas – and get straight to the One Pot Alice Springs Chicken Recipe– simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How To Make Alice Springs Chicken?
Like all really good recipes, this Alice Springs recipe starts with bacon; this the flavorful base layer to this recipe. Bite-sized chicken and then mushrooms are cooked right in the same skillet.
Chicken broth is the bulk of the liquid, you will use this along with water and a honey mustard mixture to cook your noodles. I used nice, thick, rigatoni, but you could use any shaped pasta you have handy.
The chicken and mushrooms are returned to the pan, then the cheese and bacon are added. I like to broil this dish for just a few minutes so that the cheese gets nice and bubbly.
This one-pot meal is a stunner. The sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce is only made better by the salty bacon and the chicken is seasoned and tender. This version of the popular recipe is filling and impressive. While this baked chicken and orzo and this Buffalo Fettucine Alfredo are favorites here at the Lulu household, I suspect this Alice Springs Chicken recipe is going to be a contender! I hope it becomes a favorite at your house as well! Serve an easy spinach salad on the side to complete the meal!
- • 4 slices Bacon, chopped
- • 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- • 2 pounds Chicken Breast, sliced into strips
- • 1 teaspoon Season Salt
- • 16 ounces Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- • 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- • 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- • 1/3 cup Honey
- • 1 32 ounce carton Chicken Broth
- • 1 cup Water
- • 16 ounces Dried Rigatoni Pasta
- • 1 teaspoon Paprika
- • 2 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
1. Cook bacon in a deep skillet until crispy.
2. Remove bacon to a paper towel line baking sheet and set aside.
3. Remove the bacon grease from the skillet and place skillet over medium heat.
4. Add olive oil to the same skillet.
5. Add chicken strips and season chicken with seasoning salt.
6. Cook chicken until no longer pink, remove chicken and set aside.
7. Add mushrooms to the same skillet. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt.
8. Cook mushrooms for about 5 minutes or just until they begin to soften.
9. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
10. Combine mayo, mustard and honey together in a small bowl.
11. Combine chicken broth, water and mayo mixture in the skillet and bring to a boil.
12. Add rigatoni, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is al dente and liquid has reduced and thickened slightly.
13. Return chicken and mushrooms to pan.
14. Stir in 2 cups of cheese and half of the bacon; stir.
15. Top pasta with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and the rest of the bacon.
16. Broil pasta on low until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving Calories 932Total Fat 48gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 29gCholesterol 202mgSodium 2108mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 4gSugar 19gProtein 71g