If you love a sweet and spicy combo, then you will love this Island Shrimp Bowl!
I bought everything using Kroger’s new delivery service. Read my verdict on this new way to shop!
What Is Grocery Delivery
I am not sure if you know that Kroger is now offering grocery delivery. I have been hearing my friends talk about their experience with the service and how much they love it. I myself have been experimenting with Clicklist. I love Clicklist but I often find myself heading to the store in person out of habit. I label myself as particular when it comes to picking out my own food; sometimes you want to see and feel your produce for yourself.
I spent a good portion of last week traveling and I knew that by the time I got home, there would be no food in the fridge, yet there would be a houseful of people hoping to eat. I love my husband, but he cannot be trusted to shop, which is why I turned to Kroger’s new grocery delivery service to gather groceries for the week, including all the ingredients to make this Island Shrimp Bowl!
How Grocery Delivery Works
- If you do not have a Kroger account, you will create an account on Kroger.com. Select the Delivery tab in the upper left corner.
- The Kroger website is tailored towards your shopping patterns so that it is easy to use coupons, add frequently purchased items to your cart as well as view deals of the week.
- Add all your items to your cart (including quantities and notes), choose your delivery date and time (you can literally get your groceries within 1 hour of purchase), submit your payment and wait for your groceries.
Some helpful things; if you sign up for text alerts, you will get a notice with the name of your personal shopper and what time they start. If your shopper has a problem finding items on your list, you will get a text with an item for substitution and you can either approve the substitution or decline it. If you click on the links in your text, you can literally track your shopper to see what has been added to the cart and what remains. When they are finished with your order, you get a notice on how long it will take for your items to arrive at your door.
My shopper arrived earlier than the stated time, he had all items (like my shrimp) in cooler bags ready for me to unload. The whole process was seamless, quick, easy, and efficient. Plus I am happy to report that all my produce looked like I selected them myself.
You will certainly need the produce for this dish! This shrimp bowl starts shrimp that is seasoned and cooked with brown sugar and spices for that delectable spicy sweet combo. Fresh pineapple and mangos are tossed with honey, ginger, and cilantro and added to fresh spinach along with avocados, cucumbers, and the reserved shrimp. A drizzle of creamy lime dressing is the final touch!
- 1 lb Kroger Brand Jumbo Shrimp, frozen and thawed
- 2 tablespoons Kroger brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kroger ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kroger chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Kroger cayenne pepper
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- ½ teaspoon jarred ginger
- 1 teaspoon Kroger brand honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Cooked Rice
- 1 large bunch of Spinach
- Avocado, diced
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- 4 oz Queso Blanco
- ½ cup Mexican crema (found in the ethnic food aisle) or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Juice from half a lime
Heat a large skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray over medium heat. Peel and devien the shrimp and toss together with the brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt and ceyenne. Add shrimp to the skillet and cook until no longer pink; about 3-4 minutes.
In a bowl, combine the mango, pineapple, ginger, honey and cilantro; tossing to coat.
Divide rice and spinach between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with shrimp, mango mixture, avocado, and cucumber. Crumble Queso Blanco over each bowl.
For the dressing, stir together the crema, salt and lime. Drizzle dressing over the bowls.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g