Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
The traditional version of this dish includes Swiss or Gruyère cheese, but you can also make it with other cheeses, such as mozzarella and cheddar in this recipe.
– Big potatoes
– Garlic cloves
– Cream cheese
– Cream or whole milk
– Shredded cheese (mozzarella and cheddar)
– Dried oregano
– Fresh cracked pepper (black or mixed)
– Fresh parsley for garnish
Peel the potatoes and cut them as thin as possible using a mandolin. Press the garlic cloves with a garlic press.
Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the minced garlic and fry until the garlic is golden and fragrant.
Add the cream cheese, cream or whole milk, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook on low until well combined.
Mix the sliced potatoes with the cream sauce. Pour all of it into the baking dish and move around to form layers.
Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 355 degrees F (180 degrees C).
– Don’t be afraid to experiment with different cheeses. For example, sharp cheddar or Gruyère can add an extra depth of flavor. Other great options are Swiss or Gouda. For a smoky flavor, use smoked Gouda or cheddar.
Give this recipe a try! Tap the link below for the full recipe details.
– Cheesy Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
– Hummus Roasted Potatoes
– Reuben Loaded Potatoes
More recipes at: