These mini pies are filled with a creamy lemon flavored filling and topped with a simple blueberry topping!
I might have commitment issues. I rarely make pie because I cannot commit to eating the whole thing. I get bored so quickly. I eat one slice, perhaps two then start dreaming of cake. But pie’s are good and they deserve a fighting chance.
I realized the best way to get around my commitment issues was to make my pies smaller. Mini pies, that’s what I need. Since I am desperately trying to feel a bit of spring I made myself mini lemon pies. They couldn’t have been simpler.
I took pre-made pie dough which I cut into 12 circles. One circle for each space of my muffin tin pan. It was so perfect. My mini pies only took 15 minutes to bake. While those little pies were getting all toasty I whipped up a creamy and smooth lemon filling. This filling is tart, tangy, and refreshing. Did I stop with the lemon filling? Heck no. My pies needed to get all gussied up. I found the perfect topping in this Organic Blueberry Lemon Ginger Dip from Robert Rothschild Farm. I know that blueberries and lemons are so perfect together because of these cookies. And I know that lemon and ginger are a happy pair because of these cookies. Put all the flavors together in a two bite pie and I’ll be kissing my commitment issues good-bye!
- 1 14.1 oz packaged prepared pie dough
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup Robert Rothschild Farms Organic Blueberry Lemon Ginger Dip
- 3 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- lemon zest for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin with non stick spray and set aside.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour. Roll out pie crust slightly. Using a 3 1/2 inch biscuit cutter or a glass, cut out six circles from each pie crust. Gently place dough in each muffin tin cavity, pressing up sides as necessary.
- Make in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let pie crusts cool completely.
- While crusts bake prepare filling. In a mixer beat together cream cheese and yogurt until smooth and creamy. Stir in sugar, lemon zest and juice.
- Divide filling among each of the cooled pie crusts. Top with a teaspoon of blueberry dip. Spriknle each pie with crushed gingersnaps. Serve immediately, refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 311 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 8g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 21mg Sodium 259mg Carbohydrates 38g Fiber 2g Sugar 17g Protein 4g
*I’m happy to have partnered with Robert Rothschild Farms to bring you this original recipe!*
Need more ideas on how to use Robert Rothschild Farm Organic Dips?