These are not your ordinary beer brats; chicken sausage are simmered in crisp hard apple cider for a flavorful twist on a tailgating classic!
Of all the types of parties out there, I’d say a tailgating party is my favorite! An event centered around food is ok by me! Some may say it’s really about the football, but I think the food is the star of the show! Think about it, wings, cheesy dips, ribs, barbecue, brownies, and drinks; all my favorites in one place. My stomach is quivering with excitement just thinking about all of it!
See snack food is the best food. I know some folks crave a big juicy steak, and others want saucy and rich pasta dishes, but me, I want party food! Like these beer brats. These brats are so good and insanely easy to prepare. If you tailgate, you need this recipe. If you host parties, you need this recipe. If you like simple, then you need this recipe!
I used chicken brats for this beer brat recipe; chicken and apples are such natural partners. I placed my brats in a slow cooker (This is the one I use, it is an affiliate link) along with sliced onions, red pepper flakes and two bottles of hard apple cider. Let these guys cook on high for 2 hours then grill em up. They won’t take long on the grill, you just want to sear in the flavor.
These brats are the juiciest, most flavor-packed brats ever! Who cares if your team loses, you’ll be a big winner with these brats!
- 2 12 oz packages Chicken-apple sausages (Johnsonville)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 16 oz bottles hard cider ( I used Angry Orchard)
- 10 brat buns
- Place chicken, onions, and red pepper flakes in a slow cooker. Pour cider over brats and cover. Cook brats on high for 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill on medium heat. Remove brats from slow cooker and place brats on the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side or until grill marks appear. Remove and serve with the cider infused onions.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 451 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 68mg Sodium 484mg Carbohydrates 48g Fiber 2g Sugar 14g Protein 25g