Only 3 ingredients are needed to make these festive and fun Gingerbread Oreo Cookie Balls!
I had a brush with fate the other day. I went to Walmart in search of a certain gift. I don’t normally shop at Walmart so I was a little disoriented. I wandered around aimlessly taking in the Christmas merchandise when I spotted Gingerbread flavored golden Oreos. I stood there transfixed, I had to have these!!! I skipped out of there hugging my yellow package of Oreos and completely forgot why I went to Walmart in the first place.
Shortly afterwards, I found myself at Michaels looking for gingerbread houses for the kids. I hardly made it into the store before I noticed Gingerbread flavored Wilton Candy Melts. Well, I’m not an astrologer but I know a sign from above when I see one! Clearly I was meant to make Gingerbread Oreo Cookie Balls!
Would you believe I’ve never made Oreo Cookie balls before? Crazy, I know! It’s not often you get to use only 3 ingredients to create something spectacular! I was surprised by how soft and creamy these cookie balls were. I loved the spicy and sweet molasses flavor from the cookies and the boldness from the gingerbread candy melts. These will be a holiday hit for sure! Next year on Black Friday, while everyone else is fighting over tv’s I’ll be hoarding all the holiday Oreo’s I can because these Oreo Cookie Balls will be a new family tradition! You can learn more about OREO cookie balls and find fun takes on the classic recipe at http://www.snackworks.com/recipes/desserts/cookie-balls.aspx
BEYOND THE GINGERBREAD MAN:
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Gingerbread Oreo Cookie Balls
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 36 Gingerbread Oreo Cookies, crushed ( roughly equal to 3 cups)
- 2 10 oz bags Gingerbread flavored candy melts ( I used Wilton)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles, optional
- Mix cookie crumbs and softened cream cheese in a bowl or a food processor until well blended. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place in freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat candy melts in microwave according to package directions. Dip each ball into melted candy with a fork, allowing excess coating to drip off. Place cookie balls in a single layer on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for one hour or until coating has set.
- Place white chocolate chips in a sandwich bag. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until chocolate has melted. Snip a corner of the bag and drizzle chocolate over cookie balls. Cover with sprinkles if using. Return cookie balls to the refrigerator to allow chocolate to harden.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 6064kcal Calories from fat 3209|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 357g||549%|
|Saturated Fat 185g||925%|
|Dietary Fiber 49g||196%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!
I may be linking this up to these parties and to