Posted by Tanya Schroederhttps://www.lemonsforlulu.com/easy-blt-pizza-recipe/
© 2014 LemonsforLulu.com. All rights reserved.
- 1 lb ripe, Roma tomatoes seeded and cut into 1/4 in. thick slices
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 center cut bacon slices cooked and chopped
- 10 oz fresh pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of an oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Arrange tomato slices on a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Place baking sheet on baking stone. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Tomatoes should no longer look wet. Remove tomatoes but keep the pizza stone warming in the oven.
- Increase the oven temperature to 500.
- Combine the mayo, oil and garlic.
- Using well floured hands, pat dough into a ten inch circle. Place dough on a baking sheet that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Pierce dough with a fork. Carefully transfer the dough onto the hot pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove pizza stone from the oven. Brush mayo mixture over crust leaving a 1 inch border. Top with tomatoes, bacon and cheese. Spray edge with cooking spray and return pizza to oven for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with arugula before serving.