I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.
Halloween baking goes deep!
Deep dish chocolate cookies made with Milky Way candies and topped with a subtly sweet caramel whipped cream!
When the kids were young, I would go crazy over Halloween baking. I started at the end of September and carried on up until the end of October. I loved it! I would crank out popcorn balls, bat cupcakes, sugar cookie ghosts, graveyard cakes, brownies and cookies all decked in Halloween colors and spooky shapes. I never had fun food like that growing up, in fact, my mom rarely even decorated the house for any holiday except for Christmas. I guess that is why I always felt compelled to go all out for my kids.
I still love my annual Halloween baking, but I define it differently nowadays. I may have made one too many ghost shaped cookies over the years, because that’s just not what the family seems to want. Now it’s all about the candy! If they could, they’d eat Halloween candy straight from the bag all month long. I generally don’t let them do that. So I bake with the candy instead.
Since I’m the one doing all the work in the kitchen, I tend to bake with my favorite candies. One of my weaknesses happen to be Milky Ways. It’s that caramel that gets me every time. I suppose it’s sort of a miracle that any candy actually makes into the cookies because I snack on more than I use (ssh! don’t tell my kids!). I prefer the bite sized candies. I can eat more. I have an imaginary scale in my head where I envision how many bite sized candies would equal a full size candy bar. They never come out equal, because in my head the candy bars are miles long.
These deep dish chocolate cookies are my latest candy bar concoction. They are thick and fudgy with lots of chopped up Milky Way bars floating throughout. They are rather dreamy if I say so myself. To make them dessert instead of merely a snack, I dressed them up with whipped cream that has been touched with a bit of caramel. Rather fitting don’t you think? A little Milky Way rests right on top of the pillowy cream. I’d rest there too if I could.
I whipped a “spooky” little drink to wash down all the chocolate and caramel. I think these are going to be staples in our house!
Need ideas for your Halloween Baking? Check out Bright Ideas for fun Halloween Recipes!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Deep Dish Milky Way Cookies with Caramel Whipped Cream
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Mini Milky Way Bites, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 18 Milky Way bites, unwrapped
- For the Punch
- 2 Cups Hawaiian Punch
- 2 Cups 7 Up
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice (or to taste)
- For the cookies, heat oven to 350. Spay 2 deep dish whoopie pie pans and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chopped chocolate in 45 second intervals until completed melted and smooth. Stir in sugar and butter until blended. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and baking powder mixing until incorporated. Stir in chopped Milky Way candies.
- Using a large tablespoon or a cookie scoop, drop about ¼ cup of dough into each deep dish cavity. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cookies cool in pans for about 1-2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- To prepare the whipped cream:
- In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream and salt with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks begin to form. Slowly beat in caramel topping (adding more if you find there isn’t enough caramel flavor for your taste).
- When cookies have cooled completely, top with a generous dollop of whipped cream and place one Milky Way bite on each cookie.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 5477kcal Calories from fat 2405|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 267g||411%|
|Saturated Fat 166g||830%|
|Dietary Fiber 20g||80%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
DO YOU HAVE YOUR CANDY YET? GET YOUR COUPON HERE!
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!
I’ll be sharing this with these parties and with