Easy chocolate thumbprint cookies are filled with dark chocolate covered strawberry candies!
This post is sponsored by Reynolds® Kitchens and Socialstars; all opinions are my own #ReynoldsCrowd
My husband and I aren’t the romantic types. Valentine’s Day usually comes and goes without so much as a blink. If we make it out to dinner for Valentine’s Day, it is surely by coincidence. There are no candlelight meals, no flowers, no wrapped boxed of chocolates, and no gifts. There are no poems, love notes, or even store bought cards. From the outside, we look like a boring old loveless couple. But we are the exact opposite.
We set the Valentine’s Day precedent from the very beginning. Gifts and flowers are not necessary. Hugs, kisses and compliments are much better. Cookies…cookies are good too. In fact, cookies might be the best way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies, Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies, and Cherry Thumbprint Kiss Cookies are excellent ways to show someone you love them. And if you really want to win someone over then you have to make them these easy strawberry and chocolate thumbprint cookies!
This chocolate thumbprint cookie is very easy to make. The dough is easy to work with and doesn’t spread much during baking. I baked my cookies on conveniently cut Reynolds® Cookie Baking Sheets. I did not make actual “thumbprints” in my cookies. Instead, I gently placed chocolate covered strawberry nougat candies right in the center. The bottoms of the chocolates melted slightly into the cookie, which helped keep the chocolate in place. Once my cookies were cooled, I easily slid them off the cookie baking sheet (then threw that away for a very easy clean up). A drizzle of white chocolate made these cookies look festive and fancy.
These chocolate thumbprint cookies almost taste like a chocolate covered strawberry with the sweet candy center and all the chocolate surrounding it. And we all know chocolate covered strawberries are the most romantic Valentine’s Day food ever!
This is my surprise gift to my husband; fudgy, deliciously sweet, chocolate thumbprint cookies. If he would like to surprise me with diamonds, well I wouldn’t turn them away.
Ready to bake with Reynolds Kitchen?
Strawberry & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Thick chocolate cookies surround a strawberry flavored candy.
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 48 unwrapped Strawberry Filled Dark Chocolate Nougat Mini Candies (Three Musketeers)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar on medium high until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Slowly mix in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into 1 in balls and roll in sugar. Place cookie on a cookie sheet lined with Reynolds® Cookie Baking Sheets, about 1 inch apart. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are set.
- Remove from oven and top each cookie with a mini candy. Allow cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a cooling rack.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Place chocolate in a zip top bag. Snip the corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over cooled cookies.