Sometimes the simplest desserts are the best! Refrigerated sugar cookie dough is topped with an easy white chocolate cream cheese frosting and lots of peppermint crunch baking bits!
Baking is so fun this time of year. I can’t get enough of the peppermint! Everywhere I look I see a new peppermint chip or candy that I am just dying to incorporate into some sort of dessert! Last week it was Peppermint Bark Fudge, today it’s this pizza. What’s next you ask?? Well my friend Julie, from Julie’s Eats and Treats and I have decided to devote a whole week to this festive flavor!
I’ve read that the average person gains about 5 pounds over the holidays. I could gain 5 pounds this week! That doesn’t bode well for what’s on my Christmas list. I asked for a pair of riding boots. But if I get riding boots, I need skinny jeans. If I get skinny jeans, then I need a long shirt or sweater because after this week I’ll be sporting a muffin top for sure.
Muffin top be damned! I’m eating with reckless abandon this week! I have a month to eat all the peppermint foods I possibly can! After all, peppermint is a flavor you really only enjoy once a year. And as for those extra pounds? Well, that’s what New Year’s resolutions are for.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough 16.5 oz
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 oz white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 10 package Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Spread cookie dough over the entire pan to form a crust. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool cookie completely before frosting.
- To prepare frosting combine cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Add cooled chocolate and extract, mix well.
- Carefully beat in powdered sugar. Mix until incorporated and frosting is fluffy. Spread over cooled cookie crust and top with peppermint bits.
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!
I may be sharing this with these parties and with
IT’S TIME FOR A LITTLE GIVEAWAY!
I THINK YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE THIS ONE! THINK OF IT AS A PRESENT TO YOURSELF!