Summer is about taking it easy. This pasta carbonara lets you do just that!
This carbonara sauce has been lightened, but with both chicken and bacon, it has an abundance of flavor!
This simple pasta dish will become a new family favorite!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into chunks
- 4 strips bacon
- 1-4oz container Eggbeaters
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 cup peas
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Italian leaf parsley, chopped
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; add peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile cook bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Remove all but one tablespoon of bacon grease. Cook chicken until browned and no longer pink, about 5-8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together Eggbeaters and milk to combine. When pasta is ready drain, and return pot to stovetop. Stir in sun dried tomatoes, chicken, egg mixture and Parmesan cheese. Stir a minute or two or until mixture begins to thicken. Pour onto your serving dish. Chop reserved bacon and sprinkle over pasta along with parsley