Fillo shells make the perfect crust for no bake pies! These little sweeties have a no bake Nutella filling that gets topped with lightly sweetened pumpkin whipped cream.
Every Halloween I am faced with the same dilemma; do I dress up or not. If I do dress up, to what degree am I willing to do it. In general, I hate dressing in costumes. While I realize part of the appeal of donning costumes is the chance to be something other than yourself for one night. However, my desire for dress up and pretend play ceased when I was about ten years old. I never got it back.
Last year the only costume I could muster for our neighborhood costume party was to be a fork in the road. I wore a black shirt, taped little white lines down my torso and placed a plastic fork in the middle of those lines. I thought this costume showed an extraordinary amount of creativity. My goal was to create an ensemble while putting forth the least amount of effort possible; I think I achieved just that. Unfortunately, that whole endeavor tapped me out. I’m not sure I have it in me this year. If you have super low maintenance costume ideas, I’m all ears.
When I go to a Halloween party, I don’t pay attention to the costumes, I hone in on the food! While everyone else parades around as angels and devils, I’ll be stuffing my pie hole with chicken wings, nachos, and dessert! This year, by contribution to the snack table, will be these mini no bake pies.
These Nutella pies are the ultimate in low-maintenance. These little no-bake pies start with Athens Foods Fillo Shells that get filled with a delicious Nutella filling. Each small cup gets topped with a festive swirl of homemade pumpkin whipped cream. These no bake pies are simple, quick and suitable for those that don’t call themselves bakers. In fact, the Nutella fudge mixture is made in the microwave and the whipped cream is made with only three ingredients and a mixer!
What your Halloween costume will be this year is irrelevant, what matters is how soon can you make these fillo no bake pies!
Flaky fillo dough cups are filled with a rich Nutella filling and topped with a creamy pumpkin whipped cream.
1 hr, 30 Prep Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1.9 oz boxes Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- Mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Whisk together heavy cream and sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave cream mixture for 1 minute. Stir in Nutella and microwave for an additional minute. Remove the bowl from the microwave and whisk until completely smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture into each of the Fillo cups (about 3/4 full). Refrigerate the cups until set (I let them sit about an hour)
- Meanwhile, place heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk on high until cream begins to thicken. Continue to whisk on medium speed; slowly add sugar and pumpkin puree. Continue to whisk cream until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Place cream in a piping bag or a ziptop bag snipped in the corner. Pipe frosting onto each tart. Garnish with mini chips if desired.
Disclosure: I received compensation from Athens Foods for recipe development purposes. All opinions are my own. For more Athens Foods recipes, click here