White chocolate and semi sweet chocolate are infused with maple flavor, cinnamon and chopped cashews!
Baking day is Thursday in the Lulu household. I try to bust out two to three new recipes. Some recipes fail and end up in the trash while we munch on the successes all weekend. And that’s the problem. By Monday, we are fresh out of dessert! Sure I could go buy cookies, but that’s sort of sacrilege when you are food blogger! Besides, baking is my job (or so I tell myself).
Somehow we muddle through the week. My oldest sneaks her desserts from my baking stash (read more on this here), my son is fine with granola bars and cereal, my youngest could live on fruit snacks and my husband will just wait patiently for the next baked good to appear.
Me? I’m not so patient. And sometimes I’m just plain desperate. I NEED my daily dose of sweets! I’m not above squirting Hershey’s syrup directly into my mouth! If I have to, I will snack on some semi sweet chocolate chips or down some hot chocolate and if there is NOTHING better, I’ll settle for a few marshmallows. Anything to get my fix.
This was until I remembered how ridiculously simple it is to throw together chocolate bark. I mean it is S-I-M-P-L-E! Melt some white chocolate, melt some semi sweet in another, pour, swirl, and set. Pure gratification in one hour!
Since it is fall and I’m in the mood for fall flavors, I jazzed up this bark. I infused the white chocolate with maple flavoring and the semi sweet with cinnamon then pressed chopped cashews on to the whole slab! The results were better than anticipated and extremely satisfying! Better than anything I would’ve purchased at the store!
Now, the trick will be to keep myself from making (and eating) chocolate bark every day!
BARK! BARK! BARK!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 12 oz white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon maple flavoring
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips and cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl. Melt chips in 45-second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth. Spread chocolate on wax paper.
- In a separate bowl, melt white chips in 45-second intervals until completely melted. Stir in flavoring and stir. Working quickly, with an offset spatula, spread white chocolate over semi sweet chips. Sprinkle nuts over chocolate, lightly press down on nuts to set into the chocolate. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Break apart and serve.
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!
I’ll be sharing this with these parties and with