Good morning and welcome to the Grow Your Blog Networking Party.
Want to stay up to date with This Gal Cooks? Let’s be friends!
For photography tips, Google Analytics Info and Blogging tips, visit my Resources Page!
For the past few weeks your hosts of the GYB Party, Paula, Deb, Julie and I, have been discussing the fate of the GYB Party. We noticed that the party link up numbers were dwindling and the number of clicks on link ups to the party is less than stellar. This wasn’t what we had envisioned with the party. We wanted this party to be a place where other blogs could grow and people could meet new bloggers. While we understand that some of you have done this, we realized that a huge majority of people are not visiting “blog hops” anymore. A lot of people are more interested in recipe, DIY and craft link parties. Julie and Paula host a Marvelous Monday’s party that does really well, with lots of links.
We’ve decided that we are going to discontinue the GYB Party. Today’s party will be the last GYB Party. We won’t be bringing it back in the future. However, the four of us are in the works of developing a new interactive blogging event that will either be a monthly or bi-monthly event. It will involve ingredients and making recipes. And don’t worry – if you’re not a food blogger, you can still participate. A lot of non-food bloggers love to get creative in the kitchen! We will bring more details to you once we have all of the specifics worked out.
I love looking at Zainab’s fabulous desserts! She’s quite talented and I urge you to check out her blog!
My favorite recipe has to be this:
My two most favorite things in the world: Biscoff and white chocolate!
Julie from This Gal Cooks (Host)
Paula from Call Me PMc (Host)
Deb from Cooking on the Front Burner (Host)
Tanya from Lemons for Lulu (Host)
Jess from All She Cooks
Brittany from Mommy on Demand
Kat from I Want Crazy Blog
Diane from Diane’s Vintage Zest
WHEN YOU LINK UP TO THIS PARTY:
- Follow and/or visit your hosts and co-hosts. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know you stopped by!
- Link up the main page of your blog, not an individual post. You may link up your individual posts to Marvelous Mondays.
- Visit and follow other bloggers
- Leave engaging comments on the blogs that you visit.
- Invite them to visit your blog. Leave the name of your blog in a comment. Please do not leave a link – Google is going to start viewing links as Spam and they will decrease page ranking of sites that are viewed to have a lot of Spam.
- Communicate with them about what you like on their blog. Let them know you are interested in their blog.USE THEIR NAME! A simple “I’m so and so stopping by. I followed you please follow me.” just isn’t going to interest someone into visiting your blog. Sure, you can request a visit to your blog or a follow along but engage in some type of conversation first.
- Place our party graphic on your page. It’s not required but it would be a pretty rad thing to do. You can get the graphic by copying and pasting the GYB graphic located in the beginning of this post.