These gluten-free chocolate chip orange cheesecake bars couldn’t be simpler, especially since they start with refrigerated cookie dough! A refreshingly pleasing dessert!
This post was sponsored by Pillsbury, however, all opinions are 100% my own.
Our family of 5 has many little family Christmas traditions that we feel we must cross off our list. We have to drive through the park to look at lights, we go to the Festival of Lights at the zoo, we see Scuba Santa at the aquarium, we bake, and we eat, and we see friends, we have fun.
I can’t help but think of the Christmas of my childhood. My parents never let on that there was a Santa. Sure, they took me to the mall to get my picture taken with a total stranger impersonating the big guy, but I never had the joy of believing in Santa. I shopped with my mom for all the gifts and then watched her wrap them. It was all a little anti climactic, to say the least.
The other tradition I remember vividly was going to the catholic mass on Christmas Eve, despite the fact that we weren’t catholic. Technically, we are Greek Orthodox. The Greek Church was too far away in my parent’s opinion, so we crashed the nearest Catholic Church and twice a year called it home. All I remember is sitting (and kneeling, then standing and kneeling again) in the pew, waiting and waiting for it all to end so we could go home and tear open our gifts! Yes, we opened our gifts on Christmas even and then did nothing on Christmas Day. As I said, Christmas was anticlimactic.
I suppose since I grew up without much Christmas fuss, I tend to go over the top with my own family. I love sharing the holiday season with all our friends. We try to get together with as many families as time allows. No matter in who’s house we gather, we pile into the kitchen and dig into all the fantastic food! We have quite a few friends that have had to switch to a gluten-free diet. In honor of our friends, I created this simple gluten-free dessert that actually starts with refrigerated Pillsbury Cookie Dough! The cheesecake is infused with fresh and lively orange zest and juice. The top of these bars are drizzled with a bit of dark chocolate. You would never know these bars are gluten-free. They taste rich and sinful and will please any cheesecake lover!
SEMI HOMEMADE DESSERTS:
WANT MORE GLUTEN FREE? BE SURE TO CHECK OUT PILLSBURY’S GLUTEN FREE PINTEREST BOARD!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 1 container (14.3 oz) Pillsbury Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 in. pan. Allow cookie dough to come to room temperature. When it is soft enough to handle, spread dough onto prepared pan. Bake for 11 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat until creamy and smooth. Blend in vanilla, zest and orange juice.
- Spread cream cheese over warm cookie crust. Return bars to oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges are set and middle does not jiggle. Remove and let bars cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in a zip top bag for 45 seconds. Snip corner and drizzle chocolate over cheesecake bars.
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!
I may be linking this up to these parties and to