Some nights you need to get dinner on the table quickly! This Easy Italian Meatball Bake comes together quickly and is made with only a few simple ingredients!
I dreamed about Hamburger Helper when I was a kid. I did. My mom spent every day making food from scratch. I got so tired of it. I wanted Rice-a-Roni (why should San Fransisco be the only ones to enjoy this treat), Hamburger Helper and Chef Boyardee. I would ask to eat at the houses of my friends so that I could indulge in these deliciously convenient meals. I didn’t want homemade bread and stew, I wanted chili mac darn it!
I have an appreciation for mom’s homemade food now that I am cooking for my family. But I do recognize that my mom had nothing but time to prepare all those home cooked meals. Time is a luxury these days. Most of us have very busy schedules. We have full time jobs, little kids to nurture and big kids to taxi. We all have so much to do and not enough time to do it. I understand that sometimes dinner has to be quick, it has to be easy and be made with food you may already have at home. Oh and bonus points if it tastes good!
This easy Italian meatball skillet is a little different kind of recipe for me. I am my mother’s daughter and usually make home cooked meals like this Buffalo Chicken Cobbler, or this Easy Italian Sausage Pizza made with homemade crust. But this is my job; I have to make time to cook. However, more and more, I am off and running as soon as the kids get home from school. Sometimes I too need a quick, convenient meal to serve my family. This is why I came up with this easy Italian meatball bake.
My kids can eat Italian meatballs any day of the week. So I decided to ditch the spaghetti and bake up some meatballs with garlic bread instead! This recipe is so simple to prepare and only requires six ingredients! The base of this easy Italian meatball bake is frozen garlic rolls. I used this brand; I liked the size and that they came apart easily, but you can substitute any frozen garlic bread rolls available at your local grocery store. 5 minute prep time plus 25 minute cook time equals dinner on your table in just 30 minutes! The bonus is this easy Italian meatball bake tastes good, and double bonus because there is only one dish to clean!
A quick and easy Italian skillet meal made with only a handful of ingredients!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 12 oz package frozen garlic bread pieces
- 1 20 oz bag of frozen meatballs
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cast iron skillet or deep round dish. Break apart frozen garlic bread and arrange in one layer in your dish. Place frozen meatballs over bread layer. Pour marinara over meatballs.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheeese, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Dollop cheese over meatballs. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Place meatballs in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly; broil for 2 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.