BlogHer and MorningStar Farms have compensated me for this post. I am happy to partner up to bring you new recipes!
A simple homemade avocado hummus makes a perfect topping for any burger!
I love sneaking different foods into our diets. I’ve been known to stare down my husband as he begins to eat his dinner. When I do this, my husband knows instantly that dinner is hiding a surpise ingredient, like pumpkin in our chili or chocolate in our grilled cheese. I’m just trying to keeping things fresh, exciting and tasty!
I did it to my husband again. I surprised him with these MorningStar Farms Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burgers. I made a quick avocado hummus topping, cut up garden fresh yellow tomatoes and served them up! Sometimes you have to look beyond fish and chicken when it comes to dinner. You want to keep things healthy but you also want to keep your taste buds guessing! MorningStar Farms makes it easy to eat smart, whether you go meatless every day, or every now and then. And I love that they are always creating and introducing new products and flavors. My meat and potatoes man had no trouble devouring these Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burgers! The kids are their fair share too!
The avocado hummus was so simple to prepare. A can of chickpeas, avocados, tahini and Greek yogurt are basically all you need! Your food processor does the labor so you can do the eating. The avocado and yogurt make this hummus especially creamy and smooth. It made quite the burger topping, but it would make an outstanding dip too!
Big, juicy burgers will always have a place on our plates, but all 12 MorningStar Farms veggie burgers are a good source of protein and the fact that they can be made right on the grill is a huge bonus!! My family happily ate these avocado hummus and quinoa burgers! And I felt good serving them up!
And now for a sweepstakes! For a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, leave a comment below letting me know which MorningStar Farms product you would most like to try.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/28-8/31/2014.
Be sure to visit the MorningStar Farms brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
GREEN IS GOOD
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Don’t forget you can save each of these recipes to your personal recipe box , create your own meal plan, or add ingredients for each recipe to your shopping list! Just use the “Save Recipe” on all my recipes!
- 1 16 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Tahiti
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 whole avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- Place beans in a food processor. Add Tahiti through lemon juice and process until blended. Add olive and salt and mix until smooth. Blend in yogurt until creamy.
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!