It’s a new year, time for a new party! We hope you’ll come and join us in the kitchen for the new Iron Chef Mom 2013 party! Share your best dishes and then come back over the weekend and vote for your favorites! I can’t wait to see who will be the first Iron Chef Mom of 2013! Perhaps it will be YOU!!!
Smoky sweet chicken chili made with fire roasted tomatoes and Coca Cola!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 1lb pork and chicken sausage (Johnsonville)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups Coca Cola
- 1 140z can chicken broth
- In a large stockpot, cook onions and garlic in hot oil until soft. Add ground chicken and chicken sausage breaking up into small pieces. Continue cooking until chicken and sausage has browned. Add cumin, oregano, thyme chili powder and salt. Add tomato paste and stir until mixed in. Add canned tomatoes, cola, broth and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low for 30 minutes.